Spielwelt German Parents Association is a not for profit organisation running children’s programs in German in Canberra
Canberra is home to many great support organisations for parents. Here are some of our top picks.
- Community Services and Organisations for Women in Canberra
- Health and Support Organisations in Canberra – contact details, via Yellow Pages
- Canberra Mothercraft Society (and the QEII Family Centre)
- Life line or you can phone them on 131 114. They provide free, anonymous, confidential phone service for people under stress, in crisis, or with any problem, available 24/7.
- ACT Health: Support groups and counselling – a great list of support services, particularly the ones towards the bottom of the page.
- Child and Family Centres: Advice and support from qualified staff. This is a brilliant free service for families in Canberra.
- ACT Health: Maternal and Child Health Nurses and Clinics – free services for mums, babies and children in Canberra. Medical advice, child health and development checks, immunisation, mental health help, referrals to specialists and more.
- ACT Mental Health for Mums support and info for women and children and babies, on mental health
- Help and Support for Parents in Canberra – links to various organisations here in Canberra.
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment and Self-Help: a resource for families and people experiencing alcohol addiction . And the Alcoholics Anonymous webpage, of course, is a great start.