Assistant Teacher Wanted at German Australian Playschool (ad posted 30 March 2017)
The German Australian Playschool caters for 3-5 year olds, in Turner ACT., and is run by a small team of dedicated professionals, offering a wonderful program in German, in a loving caring environment.
The Assistant Teacher position will start as an occasional relief position, growing to a regular one, two or three day a week position by August. The hours are 9:15am to 3:45 or 5pm, depending on the day. The GAP operates during ACT school terms and is closed during school holidays.
The minimum requirements for Assistant Teachers at the GAP are to:
- * speak German
- * be experienced with children aged 3-5 years old
- * be a good team player
- * be eligible for (or already hold) a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- * be prepared to undertake (or already hold) a First Aid certificate in Australia
- * be a permanent resident, Australian citizen or have a valid work permit
The ideal candidate will also have:
- * prior children’s services or early childhood teaching experience
- * native German-speaking fluency
- * a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or similar)
- * early childhood teaching qualifications (gained in Australia or overseas)
If you or someone you know would like to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!