Scouts for boys and girls, aged 6* years and up, in German, in Canberra! What a great way for your child to practice, use, maintain and expand their German!
Come along for a free trial, before you decide – we are sure you’ll be impressed! Our leaders are fantastic, energetic, enthusiastic; and deliver an amazing program. Our families are friendly, committed and wonderful.
*Parents may bring children who are nearly 6 years old along to participate, as long as the child has already had two terms of Kindergarten at primary school, and parent accompanies them and takes full responsibility for them at all times.
Join the boys and girls of the German Australian Pfadfinder Scouts, as a Joey, Cub, Scout, or a Venturer.
At Pfadfinder, our sections are divided like this:
- Joey Scouts: 6-7-8 year olds. Tuesdays.
- Cub Scouts: 9-10-11 year olds. Tuesdays.
- Scouts: 12-13-14 year olds*. Mondays.
- Venturers: 15-16-17 year olds. Mondays.
- Rovers: 18-26 year olds. Mondays.
One of Pfadfinder’s Joey Scouts rides the horse made by Pfadfinder Cubs and Scouts, for the Karneval parade!
Children need to know enough German to understand instructions and questions, and reply in German.
In a nutshell:
- Boys and Girls
- Meetings at our Scout Hall in Turner – close to the centre of Canberra – great access for north and south siders!
- Mondays and/or Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30pm
- Program is delivered in German
Our scarves are yellow (like Scouts in Germany) and red (the common colour which appears on the German, Austrian, Swiss and Australian flags).
Tell your German-speaking friends with kids about Pfadfinder!