One of our staff members is returning to Germany, leaving a desirable vacancy on the teaching team at the GAP! Here is the job ad:
The German Australian Playschool caters for 3-5 year olds, in Turner ACT, and is run by a small team of dedicated professional educators, offering a wonderful program in German, in a loving caring environment.
The position on offer is as an Assistant Teacher, starting 3 February. Your exact days and hours will be negotiated with you. Our hours are 9:10-3:40 Mondays and Fridays; and 8:40-5:10pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. The GAP operates during ACT school terms, and is also open for limited days during holidays and school term breaks.
The minimum requirements for Assistant Teachers at the GAP are to:
* speak fluent German
* be wonderful with children aged 3-5 years old
* be a good team player
* be eligible for (or already hold) a Working with Vulnerable People Card
* be prepared to undertake (or already hold) a First Aid certificate in Australia
* have a valid work permit to work in Australia (or be a citizen or permanent resident)
The ideal candidate will also have:
* prior children’s services or early childhood teaching experience
* be a native German-speaker
*hold a diploma in early childhood education (or a certificate III and be working towards a diploma) or equivalent, or similar overseas qualification. Talk to us about your qualifications.
If you are applying from overseas, you will need to have experience and/or qualifications in early childhood education.
If you or someone you know would like to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Enquiries and CVs can be sent to Lisa on email@example.com