We are looking for a wonderful person to be our Early Childhood Education Centre Director and join the team at the German Australian Playschool.
The position is permanent part-time starting as soon as possible (and by 24 May at the latest to allow for a good hand-over). The job is about 27.5 hours per week, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9:05am to 3:45pm plus one fortnightly afternoon for staff meetings.
The German Australian Playschool caters to children aged 3-5 years, in Turner ACT, and is run by a small team of dedicated professional educators offering a wonderful program in German, in a loving caring environment.
The GAP operates during ACT school terms and is also open for limited days during school term breaks, so you will get some school holiday time.
As the Director, you will add your flair and vision to this amazing not-for-profit community organisation. The job is the perfect combination of administration, management and meaningful interaction with the children, teachers and families.
The job is Director Level 6.1 to 6.3 under the Children’s Services Award, and the committee pays above Award rates.
Come support and work with our small team of dedicated educators, while being supported yourself by an amazingly talented committee.
The minimum requirements for a Director at the GAP are to:
- love working with children aged 3-5 years old and their families
- have Director, Teacher or Educator experience at a Playschool or ECE Centre
- hold a Diploma in Children’s Services, Diploma in Early Childhood Education, or similar
- be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- hold (or be eligible for) an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- undergo an AFP police check, and be a ‘fit and proper’ person
- hold (or be prepared to obtain) a First Aid certificate
- be a permanent resident, Australian citizen or have a valid work permit.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- German-speaking fluency (the teachers all speak German; for the Director role this is highly preferred but not required)
- a deep appreciation for German culture
- experience running community events for children and families