Spielwelt German Parents Association is a not for profit organisation running children’s programs in German in Canberra
Helpful books for adults and children
Many of these books are available through the ACT Library and some are in our Support Library.
- Sonnige Traurigtage, by Shirin Homeier – about a girl whose mother is dealing with depression.
- A Monster Ate My Mum, by Jen Faulkner – post-natal depression through a child’s eyes.
- Undoing Depression, a self-help guide by Richard O’Connor
- Active Treatment of Depression, by Richard O’Connor
- Can I Catch It Like a Cold? a children’s book about mental health published by the centre of addiction and mental health
Support Groups, Organisations and Links
- Beyond Blue: a national organisation to help people who are suffering from depression (and help their friends and family)
- Mind Health Connect: a helpful article on depression
- Dealing with Depression: a Help Guide article on depression
- PANDSI: Post and Ante Natal Depression Support and Information in Canberra: You could also ring their help line on (02) 6288 1936.
- A Monster Ate My Mum – blog about post natal depression, through a mum and child’s eyes.
- Post Partum Men: Post natal depression support for Dads (yes, dads do get post natal depression)
- Post Natal Depression a comprehensive webpage on the Raising Children Network website – with pages on helping women, dad’s depression, help for women, and practical tool kits for coping.
- PANDA: Post Natal Depression in Australia – a big website full of helpful information, fact sheets, event info, resources, workshops and more.