Our Scout Hall is a brick building near the centre of Canberra, in Turner. We are located in the lovely heritage listed Haig Park.
The hall has a sprung wooden floor (12 x 6.7m), a kitchen, separate men’s and women’s washrooms (each including a junior toilet as well), a fenced playground, a fire place, an office, break-out meeting room, large foyer/cloakroom, two fridges, and storage facilities.
Typical uses of our hall are: dance, yoga, meditation, drama, role-playing games, club meetings, church, and our many children’s language groups.
The Scout Hall is available for responsible clubs to hire on a regular basis. See below for info about hiring for children’s birthday parties (ages 1-14).
The hall is a licensed Children’s Service facility.
You can also have a Google Street View tour inside the hall! (Start in the playground and go in through the red doors to explore inside the hall.)
The 2022 hall hire costs
- $80 for any session up to two hours
- $25 per hour thereafter
Hire includes electricity, water and consumables such as soap and paper towels.
Children’s groups who hire the hall have an option to pay a little extra and make use of our toy collection, educational play equipment and art supplies.
To hire the hall
- Email our hall hire coordinator on email@example.com to check your dates and times.
2. Send your public liability insurance certificate to our hall hire coordinator by email.
3. Read the Terms and Conditions.
4. Fill in the Appendix to the Terms and Conditions, with your organisation or club’s details.
- Kitchen: crockery, cutlery, hot water urn, kettle, microwave, stove, oven, fridge.
- Hall: 5 trestle tables, 20 adult chairs, 5 child-sized tables, 24 children’s chairs.
Party or Event Hire
Our hall can only be hired by clubs for regular bookings. Our hall is not available to individuals or for party or single event hire.
Some Scout Halls do hire their halls out for parties or events, however, so check the hall hire link on the ACT Scouts website.