Spielwelt German Parents Association is a not for profit organisation running children’s programs in German in Canberra
Helpful books for adults and children
Many of these books are available through the ACT Library and some are in our Support Library.
- Two Homes by Claire Masurel
- Missing Rabbit by Roni Schotter
- Mom and Dad Glue by Kes Gray
- Feiern die auch mit? by Ute Krause
- Dinosaurs Divorce by Marc Brown, who also wrote How to be a Friend
- A new house for Smudge by Miriam Moss, suitable for 3-6 years.
- It’s just different now by Linda Espie, suitable for 3-7 years.
- Shared Parenting: Raising Your Child Cooperatively after Separation by Burrett and Green
- Divorce Poison by Richard Warshak. Avoiding bad-mouthing and manipulation from/to your ex, and protecting your children.
- Putting Children First: Proven parenting strategies for helping children through divorce, by Joanne Pedro-Carroll
- The High-Conflict Custody Battle:, by Baker, Bone and Ludmer. A practical guidebook for people who are dealing with an overtly hostile, inflammatory, deceitful, or manipulative ex-spouse, the reader will learn how to find and work with an attorney and prepare for a custody evaluation.