- Yarralumla Italian Primary School teaches up to 50% of the curriculum in Italian.
- Chinese Australian Early Childhood Center in Mawson take children 6 weeks old to school age. Tel 02 6290 1566.
- Mandarin Intensive Program at Mawson Primary School offers Chinese language and culture to their students.
- French Australia Preschool offers a French curriculum for 3 to 5 year olds.
- Telopea Park School, Lycee Franco-Australien de Canberra, offers an International Baccalaureat to its older students, and teaches up to 50% in French.
- St Nicholas Greek Australian Preschool and Childcare Centre, in Yarralumla – 6285 2669.
- All sorts of other language playgroups in Canberra – contact ACT Playgroups Association for details email@example.com or ring 1800 171 882.
- Italian playgroup called *I Tresorini* in Canberra – contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0415 691 050 and see
- Spanish playgroup (Ositos de Chocolate for 0-5 year olds) and Spanish school, Ositos cool for kids and teens in Curtin, ACT.
- AlphaTots and Alpha Tykes offer French, Italian and Spanish to kids 18 months to 3 years (tots) and 3 to 12 years (tykes), and they have a program at the Southside Community Centre in Narrabundah.
- French Playgroup Les Petites Etoiles: Children 0-5 years old can enjoy playgroup activities, crafts, songs and play time in French. The French Playgroup *Petites Etoiles* meets at the Ainslie Scout Hall one morning a week. Bring your own morning tea. Cost is $45 per family per term, which goes towards hiring the hall and some basic early education equipment, and the development of a French children’s library for 0-5 year olds and their families. For more info email lespetitesetoiles1@ gmail.com.
- Les Explorateurs are a French-speaking Scout Group in Canberra who meet at the Ainslie Scout Hall. Children 6 years and up.
- Dutch playgroup and preschool. Email email@example.com
- Chinese Playgroup – Contact Amy on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining a Chinese language playgroup in North Canberra or Belconnen area. The aim is to provide a Chinese speaking environment for children who may or may not speak much Mandarin at home.
- Chinese Phoenix Scout Group in Lyons.
- Polish Playgroup. Contact Kasia Mikolajczak on 0418 633 378 or email email@example.com
- Polish Preschool, Primary and Secondary classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0401 715 567.
- The Filipino Language School of Canberra offer Filipino Language Courses for children ages 3 to 10 years old. Email: email@example.com
- There are many, many languages taught to children or adults at various ACT Community Language Schools in Canberra, like Arabic, Bangla, Cantonese, Chinese, Croatian, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Korean, Macedonian, Mon, Maori, Nepalese, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Sinhalese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Tongan, Ukrainian Vietnamese and more.
- For Years 11 and 12, there is the Canberra Academy of Languages, who offer a variety of languages even if your college / school doesn’t offer that language.
Other language playgroups in Canberra
- AUSLAN www.cbaep.blogspot.com
- INDONESIAN firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAPANESE Japaneseplaygroupact@hotmail.com
- KOREAN Yeppeun Byol Playgroup: email@example.com
- MANDARIN firstname.lastname@example.org
Know of another language group for kids in Canberra? Let us know, so everyone can know!
Start your own Language Playgroup or Scout Group
Here’s a link to a helpful document if you want to start a language playgroup. The same principles apply when starting a language scout group – but do contact Spielwelt for more help and info on this, as we can guide your journey and help get you started, like we did for the French scouts in Canberra.