We are looking for German-speaking educators to fill the roles of Teacher, Assistant Teacher and Relief Teacher and join the wonderful team at the German Australian Playschool.
There are three roles to fill: The jobs can be shared, or the same person could take on all three jobs if they are qualified.
Teacher: Thursdays & Fridays, starting 28 January 2022.
Assistant Teacher: Mondays & Tuesdays at first, starting 28 January 2022, then potentially reducing to Monday OR Tuesday at a later date.
Relief Assistant Teacher: Casual position starting immediately- mostly Mondays for the remainder of 2021, and other casual days beyond that.
The hours are 9:05am to 3:45pm. Teachers are also paid for preparation time. If you wanted longer hours (ie until 5pm), let us know.
The German Australian Playschool caters for 3-5 year olds, in Turner ACT, and is run by a small team of dedicated professional educators offering a wonderful program in German, in a loving caring environment.
The GAP operates during ACT school terms and is also open for limited days during school term breaks.
The minimum requirements for our staff are to:
* speak fluent German
* be wonderful with children aged 3-5 years old
* have or be eligible for a Working with Vulnerable People Card
* have a valid work permit, permanent residency or Australian citizenship
* be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
* For the Assistant Teacher role: experience caring for children under 5 years old
* For the Teacher role: a Diploma or Degree qualification in early education, children’s services, sozialpedagogik, or similar.
The ideal candidate will also:
* have prior children’s services or early childhood teaching experience
* be a native German-speaker
* For the Assistant Teacher role: hold or be actively studying for a qualification in early childhood education
* For the Teacher role: impress us with an inspiring session delivered at our morning circle. (This is part of your interview process.)
If you or someone you know would like to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Enquiries and CVs can be sent to Lisa on email@example.com or call 0422 525 646 to discuss.