Job Vacancies at the German Australian Playschool (GAP) in Turner, ACT!
The GAP offers a fantastic program for 3-5 year olds in German in a loving , safe and caring environment.
Playschools are wonderful community-led not-for-profit organisations, where staff, children and families feel welcome, supported and included. Come join our community, and feel the love!
We are looking for:
- German-speaking Educator (Diploma or above)
- Administration and Enrolments Officer
The roles could be combined by the right candidate.
If you love working with children and families, and supporting educators – with some office work and some in-room education with the children – and you have a sunny disposition, you’ll love this role.
2-4 days/week (depending on the candidate) with some flexibility to work from home.
This is a CSE Level 6 role, requiring a Diploma or Degree qualification in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Children’s Services, Sozialpädagogik, or similar.
German speaker preferred, but all candidates considered.
German-speaking Educator (Diploma or above)
If you enjoy working with children with love and care, heart and soul, and want a whole lot less paperwork than big childcare centres require (and therefore more time to dedicate quality time to the children), Playschools are for you!
2 days/week: Mondays and Tuesdays, 9:05am to 3:45pm
You will be working in a small team of dedicated professionals. We have three educators and 22 delightful children in our class who will fill your heart with joy every day.
This is a CSE level 3 or 4 role, as you’ll be working as an assistant teacher or teacher in the Playschool class.
Impress us with an inspiring session delivered at our morning circle (as part of your interview process).
You must hold a Diploma or Degree qualification in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Children’s services, Sozialpädagogik, or similar.
Ideally, you have prior children’s services or early childhood teaching experience.
Your spoken German should be fluent enough to work with children and families.
Administration and Enrolments Officer
We would love to welcome an experienced administration officer to our team, to support our teachers, handle our Playschool administration and look after enrolments.
You’ll work closely with our delightful and amazing bookkeeper, and our awesome committee president.
No prior children’s services experience or qualifications are necessary, but previous administration experience is necessary. You’ll be the sunshine of our organisation, welcoming new families and helping them join our community.
The job is 13 hours per week, ideally Mondays and Tuesdays but options are open; and some work from home will be possible.
No need to speak German for this role, but bonus points if you know a few fun German words!
What we offer:
- Great work-life balance with hours from 9:05am to 3:45pm for 48 weeks per year, during ACT school terms and limited days during school term breaks.
- Spielwelt pays above Award rates and is an exceptionally supportive employer.
- For the Director / Teacher / Educator role: A uniform and laundry allowance is provided.
- You get all the regulated entitlements such as Superannuation 10.5%, Long Service Leave, 17.5% Annual Leave Loading, and Personal/Carers Leave.
- Free onsite parking.
- We are a non-toxic, environmentally friendly, sun smart, healthy-habits playschool, where children and staff enjoy their activities and experience joy in learning.
The minimum requirements:
- Have or be eligible for a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Have a valid work permit, Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship